Home decor sites are full of gorgeously painted staircases, in a rainbow of colors. If you're not ready to commit to a whole staircase, however, you may want to consider a colorful banister or balustrade. They're a bit more understated, and every bit as pretty.
- A brightly painted balustrade turns this staircase into a cheerful focal point. From Midwestern Living.
- The subtle silver of this handrail picks up the silver frames lining the staircase in this photo from House To Home.
- Preppy orange and geometric shapes look modern and chic. From Pomegranate Inc via The Pursuit of Style.
- A pale, grayish-blue shows off the architecture of this Edwardian-era home in San Francisco, designed by Three Legged Pig.
- A dark gray banister and treads compliment the striped rug and botanical wallpaper in a home by Sage Design Studio.
(Images: As linked above.)