Lighting is one of the most important elements in a room, don't you agree? So often it goes neglected too. We've been on a mission to find the perfect desk lamp that mother and daughter can agree on. My child's #1 concern is color. I've become a bit of a lighting fetishist in this process, so I thought I might share with you some of my favorites.
This collection runs the gamut on style and budget. Hopefully there's something for everybody.
1. Hi-Light Task Lamp - Available in a plethora of colors. (PB Teen, $69)
2. Lekaryd Table Lamp in red, also available in white and black. (IKEA, $15)
3. Room Essentials Task Lamp - The cords are all contrasting colors. Available in turquoise with white cord, black with green cord, grey with yellow cord and white with neon pink cord. (Target, $15)
4. Design by Conran Beep Table Lamp - This thing is a bit of a behemoth yes, but it is so well made and beautiful it will be an heirloom piece. (JC Penney, $182, current sale price)
5. Modern Clip Lamp - In gold, also available in silver. There are a ton of clip lamps on the market, but I've limited the selection here to one, simply because you have to have just the right kind of desk for it to be usable. (Land of Nod, $59)
6. Studio 3B Architects USB Lamp - Charge your USB cable while you study. (Bed, Bath & Beyond, $25)
7. Lumi Source LS-L Whoopsy Lamp - The variety 'spills over' into purple, yellow, pink, you name it. What fun! (Amazon, $30)
8. Skojig Work Lamp - green or orange. For the student with their head in the clouds... (IKEA, $25)
9. Trumpet Desk Lamp - This handcrafted Etsy gem is made in the Netherlands. (Studio Moss, $266)
10. Atomic Yellow Table Lamp - Lovely lines and a fantastic color for a kid's room. (CB2, $129)
(Images: as linked above)